Please contact town meeting members and tell them to just say No, or at least submit to a secret ballot at the election to fill Ted Kennedy’s seat in the Senate!
Sixty-nine percent of Natick voters chose Yes on Qyuestion 2!
Amend By-Laws Article 50: Police Regulations
(Charter & By-Law Review Committee)
To see if the Town will vote to amend Article 50 of the Town of Natick By-Laws as follows:
1. In the second sentence of Section 3, delete the words “keep a”and in their place
insert the word “provide”, and delete the words “number of lighted lanterns”and in
their place insert the word “illumination”;
2. In the third line of Section 5:
a. delete the words “or Selectman”; and
b. delete the words “move it”and in their place insert the words “remove the
3. In the first line of Section 9, delete the word “and”and in its place insert the word
4. In the third line of Section 14, delete the words “of a house”;
5. Insert the following new section between Sections 14 a and 15:
“Section 14 b Public Consumption or Use of Marihuana or Tetrahydrocannabinol
1. No person shall smoke, ingest, or otherwise use or consume marihuana or
tetrahydrocannabinol (as defined in M.G.L. c. 94C, § 1, as amended) while in or upon
any public place, including but not limited to, any public street, public sidewalk,
public way, public footway, public passageway, public stairs, public bridge, public
park, public playground, public beach, public recreation area, public boat landing,
public building, public school building, public school grounds, public cemetery,
public parking lot; or in or upon any area owned by or under the control of the Town
of Natick, or any place to which the public has a right of access as invitees or
2. Any marihuana or tetrahydrocannabinol smoked, ingested, or otherwise used or
consumed in violation of this By-Law shall be seized, held, and disposed of in
accordance with M.G.L. c. 94C, § 47A.
3. Whoever is found in violation of this By-Law shall, when requested by an official
authorized to enforce this By-Law, state his true name and address to said official.
4. This By-Law may be enforced through any lawful means in law or in equity
including, but not limited to, enforcement by criminal indictment or complaint
pursuant to M.G.L. c. 40, § 21, or by non-criminal disposition pursuant to M.G.L. c.
40, § 21D, by the Board of Selectmen or the Town Administrator, or any duly
authorized agent of the Board of Selectmen or the Town Administrator, or any police
5. The fine for a violation of this By-Law shall be one hundred fifty dollars
($150.00) for each offense. A penalty imposed under this By-Law shall be in addition
to any civil penalty imposed under M.G.L. c. 94C, § 32L.
6. If any provision of this By-Law is determined to be invalid or unenforceable by
final judgment or order of a court of competent jurisdiction, the remaining provisions
shall continue in effect to the extent permitted by law.”