- This event has passed.
December 5, 2017 @ 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm
December 5 at 5:30 PM – 8:00 PM
This event will be live streamed – select the livestream ticket option during checkout to be emailed a stream link and password the day of the event
As Massachusetts prepares to end cannabis prohibition, we, its people, hold the power to apply our rich ethos as the cradle of technological, educational, political, and social progress to this nascent, yet expansive industry that will doubtless influence our cultural landscape for generations to come.
MITEF invites you to join this important discussion as we bring together a spectrum of cannabis cognoscenti across business, academia, and technology to offer a range of views, insights, and opinions for how best to face the brave new world of legalized cannabis to maximize its contribution to the people of Massachusetts and beyond.
Our panelists will address:
- What lessons can we learn from the history of cannabis and how can biotechnology, present new paths to improve and diversify the product development, verification, and analysis processes?
- How can we use quantitative data to improve qualitative experience? With the growing body of analytical science being applied to the Cannabis industry, how can we best leverage that science to impact the the economics and the experience for the end user?
- What is the investor perspective on industry landscape and how should entrepreneurs approach funding?
- How can POS systems and other related technologies help inform the Cannabis supply chain?
- How can we learn to replicate California’s achievements and not repeat their mistakes in creating the collaborative MA cannabis landscape?
- What technologies and tools can be used to improve cultivation? How can technology help the cannabis industry grow without limitation?
Can you help us create legitimate opportunities for the Massachusetts cannabis ecosystem to flourish? Join us on the 5th of December!
Vinit Nijhawan, Entrepreneur, Venture Capitalist, Academic
Aja N. Atwood, CoFounder at Trella Technologies, LLC
John de la Parra, Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Northeastern University
Richard Gibble, Investment Analyst, FlowPoint Capital Partners, LP
Shanel Lindsay, Founder and President, Ardent
Jonathan Wani, Director of Client & Community Relations, MCR Labs
Russel Wilenkin, Regional Sales Manager, Flow Kana