All band members must be at least 18 years of age
1. Following and Marketability of your band
You must have a strong following. To be considered for the Rally you need to have 1000+ Fans in State or 2000+ from out of state MINIMUM. This shows you put in the work and you have a draw. Give us the last three (3) venues you have performed at.
2. To apply, send your Electronic Press Kit, subject line “Boston Freedom Rally” to email@example.com, or links to your audio files, along with your venue history.
3. Benefit shows If you have the fans and were scouted for the rally, you could potentially play at a MassCann event like the Hemp Cook Off (Date TBD) and help us bring out people and raise money that way. Check Events for scheduled events. What we expect from these Artists is simple: get a minimum of a 50+ person draw at $10.00 a head, donate the FULL amount to MassCann, minimum of $500.00 NO MAX. Truthfully bands with 1000+ followers have been chosen with the ability to raise a great deal more than that, so the minimum is set to be fair, but we are working towards legalization and every dollar counts. Donations to Masscann are non refundable.
4. Buying stage time MassCann is a non profit and we run on donations. If you want to donate your way onto the stage in replace of talent, based on past years and our current contract, each hour of Stage time is worth about $5,000.00. If you want to donate $2,000.00 to MassCann for 20 minutes of stage time (time negotiable), we can talk about getting you on stage unless you would like the slot to use for your own artists or competition, I suggest you not go this route.
5. Talent We are picking the best music we can find. You can be the biggest star in the world or recording out of your closet, if you really REALLY have something and you can wow the audience, possibly launch your career, send your information!
Send your emails with your EPK, subject line Boston Freedom Rally to firstname.lastname@example.org! *Note: bands that perform on second stage get first consideration for main stage the following year. This is NOT a promise of performing on the main stage, but it means you will be looked at before anyone one else (with about 500+ submissions already flooding in trust us you want to be looked at first)!
Note; the Music Committee is reformed every year after the January Elections, and will then meet after that time to start consideration of applications for September’s rally.