Masscann needs your help to inform the legislators why we need to move forward with the tax we voted on without raising it, keeping local control, removing the agricultural zone restrictions for our farmers, and expungement of records. It is our job to make sure our voices are heard and the legislature’s job to represent us. Masscann is collecting your emails to send to the legislature to read your story or hear your voice about these issues to finalize the laws surrounding adult use. We only have a couple of weeks to do this so for the moments we take to comment, like, share, and post live, take one to create a message to the Joint Committee on Marijuana Policy.
You may send in your emails either typed or recorded (try to keep them 1-2 minutes reading/viewing time) to email@example.com with the subject line: Support Adult use and we will send them to the state house. Topics Masscann are focusing on:
- Agriculture: How the restriction of zoning will impact you and the importance of giving back agricultural zones H3195
- Prohibition: How prohibition has affected you and why expungement of records needs to be supported S1062
- Local Control: How keeping local control will be best for accepting marijuana adult use facilities THE REGULATION AND TAXATION OF MARIJUANA ACT
- Taxes: How raising the tax will continue black market activity we are trying to move away from H3195
1) Oversight transferred to the Massachusetts Department of Agriculture; Licensing hemp and marijuana growers, conducting inspections, and regulating pesticides. House bill H3195, An Act Improving Taxation and Regulation of Marijuana, sponsored by Rep. Denise Provost.
2) The Right to Farm Cannabis in all forms House bill H3195, An Act Improving Taxation and Regulation of Marijuana, sponsored by Rep. Denise Provost.
3) Priority of recreational licenses to POC and local residents Bill H.3505 An act regarding the granting of licenses for the cultivation and sale of marijuana sponsored by Rep. Aaron Vega
4) Medical marijuana dispensaries licensed to open as recreational stores in July of 2018. THE REGULATION AND TAXATION OF MARIJUANA ACT
5) Expungement of nonviolent marijuana offenses. S1062, An act relative to expungement of repealed crimes, sponsored by Sen. Patricia Jehlen
6) Employers mandated to treat employees who use marijuana equal to those who use alcohol. House bill H3195, An Act Improving Taxation and Regulation of Marijuana, sponsored by Rep. Denise Provost.
Contact your representative and senator and let them know where you stand. The most impact is being honest, respectful, and reference the bills you support. To do even more, contact House Speaker Robert DeLeo (617-722-2500) and Senate President Stanley Rosenberg (617-722-1500).